We understand that the privacy of its members, subscribers, guests and/or visitors (collectively, "Members", "you" or "your") is very important. We developed this Policy to ensure that your privacy is protected while using any of the Magnolia Blossom Websites.
1. A Special Note About Children. Children under eighteen years of age are prohibited from using the Magnolia Blossom Websites or any Magnolia Blossom services. We ask that children not submit information to us.
2. About Information Magnolia Blossom Collects. During the registration process for, or while using, any of the Magnolia Blossom Websites, you may provide us with certain "Personal Information" which can include your name, email address, billing information or other data that can be used to personally identify you, and including "Sensitive Personal Information", for example, your racial or ethnic origins, political or religious beliefs, or sexuality. Whenever the context may require and unless otherwise specified, references to Personal Information include Sensitive Personal Information.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other Magnolia Blossom Website users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on any Magnolia Blossom Website, we may collect such information into a file that is accessed only by authorized Magnolia Blossom personnel or its representatives. We may also collect other Members' comments about you.
On some of the Magnolia Blossom Websites, you may choose to use our referral service to tell a friend or friends about us. In this case, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address and email your friend an invite to him or her to visit a Magnolia Blossom Website. We maintain this information for the sole purpose of sending email and tracking the status of the referral. Your friend or friends may use the unsubscribe function in the email or contact us at to request that we remove their email address from our records.
We may also use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons or 1x1 "gifs" and other similar technologies (collectively "Pixel Tags"). A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1x1), that is ordinarily not visible to Members and may be associated with cookies on the Members' storage drives. We use Pixel Tags to track your use of the Magnolia Blossom Websites, for advertising, marketing, or promotional purposes, and to determine whether you opened an email message from us. The information also enables us to customize the services we offer.
4. Our Use of Your Personal Information. We use your Personal Information for many purposes, including emailing you with news and updates about the Magnolia Blossom Websites, improving and customizing our content and product offerings, analyzing Magnolia Blossom Website usage and delivering information targeted to your interests, such as banners and promotions. We may also use your Personal Information to provide you with information about the products and services provided by the Magnolia Blossom Websites or third parties.
We may also use Personal Information to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, enforce any agreements, policies and rules governing the use of Magnolia Blossom Websites, and observe the Magnolia Blossom Websites for quality control and customer service purposes.
In many cases, providing your Personal Information is voluntary. However, if you do not provide your Personal Information to us, you will not be able to access all or some of our services.
5. Our Disclosure of Your Information. We also disclose Personal Information to our service providers (for example, credit card processing companies, billing services) as reasonably necessary or appropriate to provide services on the Magnolia Blossom Websites. Because many of the Magnolia Blossom Websites operate or use service providers located in different countries, Personal Information may be transferred to a country in which you do not reside.
In response to compulsory (required) governmental and/or third party inquiries, we may disclose Personal Information to comply with a court order, subpoena, and search warrant. We expressly reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or to enforce our agreements, policies, and rules governing your use of the Magnolia Blossom Websites, or to cooperate with law enforcement.
We DO NOT sell or rent any of your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission or consent. We may, however, disclose to third-party advertisers for other marketing and promotional purposes certain aggregated and/or hashed information in a manner that no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user.
By using any of the Magnolia Blossom Websites, you consent to us providing any Personal Information you have provided to us, including Sensitive Personal Information, to the Magnolia Blossom Websites or to other third parties as described in this Policy.
6. Your Use of Magnolia Blossom Websites' Members' Information. You may not use another Magnolia Blossom Websites' Members' information, whether private or not, for commercial purposes, to spam, to harass, or to make unlawful threats. We reserve the right to terminate those who misuse other Members' information or who otherwise violate any user agreements, policies, or rules governing the use of any Magnolia Blossom Website.
7. Do Not Disclose Your Personal Information or Password. Please DO NOT post, share or disclose in public forums, for example, chat rooms, blogs, any Personal Information that you do not wish other Members to know. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your Personal Information to others. Similarly, you should never disclose or share your password with anyone else. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your Personal Information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password and/or contact us at .
Your email address
Your city, state, ZIP or other postal code, country
Please promptly update your information by logging in to your account and following the screen prompts. We strongly urge you to change your password periodically to help reduce the risk of unauthorized access to your account information. Upon your request, we will remove your credit card number and credit card expiration date from our main databases. To make this request, email us at . Despite the foregoing and even though you have requested us to remove information, we will retain in our files certain data such as credit card information used to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, comply with credit card merchant banking and association agreements, enhance security, reduce fraud, comply with the law, or to enforce any agreements, policies, and rules governing your use of Magnolia Blossom Websites. Removed information also may persist in backup copies and/or other users' caches. For example, any information exchange with other Members may remain in their e-mail boxes, computer caches, or instant message archive. Whether your exchanged information is kept by another Member is beyond the control of Magnolia Blossom. Any such information retained by Magnolia Blossom or under its control is not available to third parties except as provided in this Policy.
9. Third Party Collections of Information. This Policy only addresses the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. To the extent that you disclose your Personal Information to others while using the Magnolia Blossom Websites or other sites throughout the internet, different rules may apply to its use, maintenance, or disclosure. Magnolia Blossom does not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable.
10. Security. Magnolia Blossom Websites use reasonable security measures to help protect and prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We use industry standard efforts, such as firewalls, to safeguard your Personal Information. While "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet, or elsewhere, our technical staff works hard to help ensure your secure use of our services.
11. Safe Harbor Principles; Privacy Complaints by European Union and Swiss Citizens. (Please note: this Section applies to European Union and Swiss residents only.) Magnolia Blossom complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Magnolia Blossom has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Magnolia Blossom's certification, please visit
We have further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by us, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR website at for more information and to file a complaint.
12. Location. Magnolia Blossom is located in the United States. If you are visiting any of the Magnolia Blossom Websites from outside the United States, you are on notice that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States or other countries in which the Magnolia Blossom or its service providers are located. The data protection and other laws of the United States and these other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using any of the Magnolia Blossom Websites, you consent to us transferring your Personal Information (which includes, for the avoidance of doubt, your Sensitive Personal Information) from your country to the United States or countries in which Magnolia Blossom or its service providers are located for the purposes described in this Policy.
13. Update/Delete/Opt-Out. You may request access to Personal Information we hold about you and we will provide this to you except in limited circumstances in which we are permitted not to. You may contact us to modify or delete your Personal Information from our database by: sending email to ; logging in with your password and modify/delete your profile; mailing us at Magnolia Blossom Inc. at 220 Humboldt Court, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, United States, Attn: Privacy; or calling us at (408) 702-1040.